Learning English Together: The 13 Tense Structures

0

 

Learning English Together: The 13 Tense Structures

The 13 Tense Structures

 

Present

Simple

Present simple form

I go to the cinema every week

Past

Past simple form

I went to the cinema last week

Future

Will + bare infinitive

I will go to the cinema with you

Present

Continuous

Am/are/is + present participle

I'm watching a film

Past

Was/were + present participle

I was watching a film earlier

Future

Will be + present participle

I will be watching a film at 8pm tonight

Present

Perfect

Have/has + past participle

I have seen Harry Potter 3 times

Past

Had + past participle

By the time I arrived at the cinema, the film had finished

Future

Will have  + past participle

I will have finished watching season 2 of Game of Thrones by 9pm

Present

Perfect Continuous

Have/has + been + present participle

I have been sitting outside for 2 hours now

Past

Had + been + present participle

I had been waiting in the queue for 20 minutes, before we were told to go home.

Future

Will have + been + present continuous

When I graduate, I will have been studying philosophy for 3 years

Future with "going to"

Am/are/is + going + infinitive

I am going to visit my parents next weekend

As you may have observed, all continuous tenses use a form of the verb ‘be’ and a present participle, whereas all perfect tenses use a form of the verb ‘have’ and a past participle.  

For more daily job updates join us on -

Telegram group: CLICK HERE

Whatsapp groups: CLICK HERE

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)